CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Music Box

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Morning at Fonterra

Sakura Festival was happening today at International Pacific College but before the morning started, Hui said she needed to go down to Fonterra to finish up some of her lab work first. She got Xiu and i to go and help her.

We entered Fonterra labs for the first time, and perhaps the only time, to help her. She was gonna make some cereal or protein bar, i can't remember. Fact is, i got to wear a lab coat for the first time in my life! I felt like a scientist. Hahahahaha! To hold the pipet, measuring water and gylcerine mixture in 8 different sets of threes. It took a long time though. I also understood why i wasn't meant to be a lab-person.

I couln't be patient in measuring! Wasted about 4 cups because of "mismeasurement". Hahahahaha. Made a mess too. Can't even pour properly! All i wanted to do was measure everything efficiently and fast. All my brain could produce was management theories about the one best way of doing things was effective!

Anyway, here's how i camwhore my way in the lab. Did not dare to walk around and take pictures.




*Ahem* measuring something





Hui doing her real work while we're opposite her just preparing her tools.







Xiu and i at work. Fu-yoh..so sakai la me






Plastic balls to keep things afloat for incubation





One day i will get the chance to do that....




Nonetheless, lab work is so fun la....................

.
.
.
.
.


for the first 10 min.

5 comments:

FlyingDragon said...

only 1st 10 mins? hehe...so cool to work at the lab tho!

Eugene said...

ya, the 11th min is where it gets boring...hahaha

~9~ said...

Ooi! I am making PROTEIN BARS~!
And I din SEE that you were playing with the emergency shower! Glad that you did not pull that thing or else my lab will be flooded with water~!

Glad that you like it. I will tour you to the biggest pilot plant next time. Though it will only be window touring! =)

Sabrina said...

u look cute in the lab coat dear

i will be wearing one on wed too...

oh gosh, i have to do my own experiment on wed. no help. die.

Eugene said...

been waiting for that comment for a long time...hahahahah