CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Music Box

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Time is so silent


I woke up at 8am today and sat in my room until now, which reads 11.32pm. This is the 1st time in a long time that I have not gone out of the house. For the past 2 and a half weeks I have gotten out of bed by 7am and off I go to university library by 9am. That was my routine. Today that routine was broken and how glad I was to be able to not worry about time at all. Getting out of bed as I wish, eating breakfast and enjoying it, taking my shower without rushing and just walking around the house knowing missing the bus wouldn’t matter. I had to sacrifice it for exam period but today wasn’t to be. Part of deciding to stay in bed and at home was because it was windy and raining outside. Also, my study partner felt the same way too and not want to get wet and be subjected to the wind. Mind you I have NOT stepped out of the house all day yet. Not even to feel what the wind was like! Gosh I’m so pathetic am I not? Doesn’t matter.




My morning was spent playing games and chilling out before I actually put my mind to study. It’s such a challenge to get yourself to study at home, especially in your own room where the bed lies inches away and the internet is staring at you saying, “Please use me!!” Nevertheless I got to do some study but honestly, efficiency wasn’t at the peak. Library atmosphere still works best for studying with intense focus and attention. Time at home was spent mostly being distracted. After one slide I could see myself picking up the guitar, which was what I exactly did. If it’s not that, it’s playing computer games. Being discipline at home really stinks. It just doesn’t work as easy as words can say. I admire and salute those who can. Really do. The target is there which is to study but the tools are not in place: Atmosphere and motivation.





Time becomes very still as you watch your clock tick. Everything is silent too. That applies to my home because I was the only one. Put these 2 together, it becomes boredom. It’s like time is waiting for you instead. All I want to say is thank you to my study partner(s) during this 3 week period. Being indirectly present at the library motivated me to study and concentrate because watching you all study helped too. Conclusion? I had the best study period in my life. Consistent study at the library helped me prepared for my exam. The 2 papers I had already, they were awesome and I couldn’t be more confident about it. I pray that yours are the same too and that the results you get will be satisfying.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tips:

Put a big note on the screen of your comp saying "Don't use Me!!!"

as for the bed "Keep our privacy at night"

Playing guitar is a good way of relax. I'm not against it!!!

Above that... just carry a crucifix. Ask for God's guidance, pardon and strength :)

Anonymous said...

since you always check your blog help this guy

Eugene said...

hahaha..how do you want me to help....and who's that? in fact... who are you=). Do i know you? you're like... my most loyal commenter

Anonymous said...

well... I know you and you don't know me :)

just keep it that way, its for me to know and for you to find out (hosea and michael's quote)

They way you present your blog makes me think of Nicholas Lim. haha

anyway, a friend of mine in BL asked for help. Just help any how you can. Or just ignore him hahahaha