CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Music Box

Saturday, June 14, 2008

31st May - The Newlyweds


2 posts in a night. I’m on fire. Only because I’m bored and felt the social responsibility to spread happiness. Happiness should be shared all round and not be kept to yourself.




The Date was 31st May 2008, and the place was St. Patrick’s Cathedral. My friend Sylvia and James were both married that day. It was my 1st time attending a wedding to someone close. It wasn’t only for one of them, it was for both. I know both James and Sylvia, so can I say I’ve attended Sylvia and James’s wedding?




“So who’s wedding did you go to this year’s?”

“My friend James and another friend Sylvia”

“Wow, who are their partners?”

“Sylvia and James”




It was a touching event to see. Marriage is a commitment of a lifetime to your partners. To watch them ready for commitment and going through the ‘3 Rings’ of marriage was just a memorable thing. Indeed, I’m happy and sad at the same time. When your friend gets married, they’ll leave behind all the usual things they used to do with you: The usual hang-out spot, the meals, the socializing times and also the hard times. Friendship ends abruptly once entering marriage life. Things eventually change. As you grow older, your circle of friends diminishes. It’s inevitable but unfortunate. You lose something to gain another. On a bright side of life, many more opportunities and challenges lie ahead. The wake of putting in front your life becomes a priority. Fast forward, you get many more commitments than just your spouses. Bills and work becomes your friend and they stick to you.




I used to have this skepticism when I was in secondary school, that when a friend has a girlfriend/boyfriend, he/she will no longer be part of ‘the gang’. Until this day, it stands true. A long story trimmed short, my friends A and B sort of ‘left’ me in Form 3 when they hook up with girls of their own. It wasn’t literally left, but more of, giving less attention. We weren’t as close as we used to be already. At each break-time, they would tag off to hang out with their newly found friend, and I’m left in class in search of people to hang out with. It was a tough thing to go through seeing myself discarded. It hurt so much at a stage where I hated the 2 girls because they robbed us of our close friendship. Since then until now, I have not seen the trail of A and B nor have I had the interests in contacting them at all. Partly because I still cannot forgive the fact that something so precious was taken away due to the fact it’s inevitable. Not only did they not introduce their gf’s friends, they cut off their side of friendship and joined the other side. I guess it was a good experience I had with them. I would not wish to have the time back. It was a really tough challenge, put forth by God, to tell me what life would soon be. A lifetime challenge.




Nonetheless, I vowed not to step into the bread crumbs that they made, that Sabrina sometimes ask me, “Why you hang out with so and so often but not me??” That’s probably why dear. I don't want to neglect my friends like how they neglect me. I've only got one more thing to work on now, which is to get to know your friends.




Usually I sidetrack and indeed I have! It’s supposed to be a happy post! Anyways, congratulations to James and Sylvia. Hope you like..ahem ahem…love, my present=).




OCF/Close friend group photo



The newlyweds



Trying to be in the spotlight =p

0 comments: