CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Music Box

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

hibernation summer satisfaction

It has been a while since i wrote to myself. Dated back the last post.......Mid November. Well so much for that effort. I do apologise for being slack and off-beat. My motivation was not there to keep updating. Really sorry. The reason im writing now is to get to the top of people's blog update! I've been sitting down the table for too long. It's time to stretch and just be looking down at the people below for the meantime.

A little bit of catching up from me. A lot of things have happen over the summer. The entire 3 months went by pretty quick and truthfully, i've grown pretty much too. Summer in New Zealand i have to admit is great. I really encourage friends and students alike to stay back at least for ONE summer in your study years, just to experience it and see what it can offer you. Many just go back home and relinquish the tranquility of their houses and delicacies of local food, and ignore the changes and opportunities that summer in New Zealand has to offer. I'm pretty thankful for God, in every way, that i was able to stay back for the summer season. Throwing in another thanks was the chance to go home to Kuching for 3 weeks and celebrate Chinese New Year and meet old faces. That i would say is the perfect summer.

I took one summer paper which was why i chose to stay back. Other than that, it was also a good time to setup my new flat and room. Living with 5 different people, i got to know them personally and improved our relationship as well as learn new skills in dealing with people. The experience is priceless and will be carried throughout my life. Living in the summer season in New Zealand after University Studies ended is very different from normal University Semesters. It is difficult to pin-point the exact experience i get, but i could summarise it by saying it was like being a parent and a child simultaneously. I do recommend staying back for summer, even if you cant stand it, stay for at least until the New Year. I've spent 2 summers in New Zealand already and each offered new experiences that can NEVER/HARDLY/RARELY happen during normal semesters. Learnt many things? Definitely.

I spent my summer hanging around with my temporary flatmates and we went to places we would never think off. I also got the chance to join the carolling team of one of the local church. It was a different environment from Malaysia because we knocked on every door down a few picked streets and just sang right in front of them. Spreading the message of Christmas was a joyful thing to do. Christmas isn't about santa! It's about Jesus! Otherwise, why call it Christmas and not Santamas!

I also spent summer learning "home improvement" skills. Particularly when the kitchen sink got blocked. Twice!!! The 3 of us spent 2 hours figuring out how the system worked, unscrew, clean and screw it back. Imagine this. The sink was blocked and the washing machine was leaking! At the same time!! After that piece of drama, no doubt i'm gonna say i have plumbing experience. The sink got blocked 2 days later again by the way, which we unscrew more pipes and this time, flushed the entire junk with a hose. Experience + 2!

When i went back home, i also had the chance to visit a close friend at her hometown. Her family and relatives were very hospitable and easy-going. I had the chance to go snorkeling for the second time in my life. Yes, snorkeling is not something that can be easily done in my hometown! It was great to see nature in fish. Got a few bite marks as well. The experience was so nice. I dreamt about it weeks before i actually did it. Definitely one of my favourite hobbies now!

I had the opportunity to catch up with reading as well, especially matters regarding spiritual growth. The summer season offered peace and tranquility most of the time. I am thankful for that and give all glory to God for the opportunity. Catching up with different books, about 3, it offered the chance for me to critique and search myself. Bringing me back to square one, i question things like what am i here for? who am i? what am i doing? who is Jesus. Basic questions that a non-Christian would always ask, i ask them over and over again. Searching for my own answers as well as receive help from others, it was a good season catching up with my faith and grow closer with God. I believe now, that being a Christian is all about having a relationship with its head, Jesus. Someone once told me, without relationship, there is nothing. And how true the phrase strucked me. Knowing about God was not enough, because even the devil knows Him, but does not follow Him. I found out that being a Christian is following Jesus and having a personal relationship with Him one on one. At the same time, our life has to reflect on it. Not by mere words but by action and lifestyle as well. But one thing is for sure, change does not happen overnight, neither does it happen over a fortnight. The day i realised i changed a whole lot, i knew in my heart, only God was behind it. He is awesome and almighty, pulling the strings of tools around my life and everyone's life to offer the opportunity for me to change. I did not realise how far i've come to this point (it was quite long). Reflecting back, it was a journey no man will ever come up with on a planner, a journey only God Himself can build and design, a journey only we can say yes..or no, a journey that will change a person's life....or not. It was a journey i sailed that was always subconscious but with God in focus. Friends i have, how grateful for their presence i appreciate, songs i listen, how great it stayed in my mp3 for no reason, people i meet, how unintentional the moment seem.

I am so very the grateful for that. The feeling is exactly how the Bible expresses. That people are blinded to the natural things on this world when their hearts are hardened. I was no different myself. I just want to thank those who prayed for me. Those who had faith in me, even the faith of the size of an ant, i sincerely thank you for the prayers. Ultimately, the change was from God and i want to thank You above all.

This year, i will be pretty busy. I'm taking 5 papers this semester. This is also the first time i have got no free days on my timetable. I'm also in charge of a team looking for sponsorships for BERSATU Games. I'm also the current Secretary of MUMSA. I've also took on a new responsibility as a committee leader for OCF. I've got a new flat with 3 new flatmates. Above all, i'm in the stage of life where i'm making the decisions that will change my life for the next.....neh, forever.










0 comments: