CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Music Box

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Business, Busy-ness

Being busy is good. It shows that I am doing something meaningful. It also shows that i am committed to many things. How much the benefit is always debatable. Being busy also shows that life is full of challenges and that it is not a smooth sailing journey.

This semester, i feel pretty busy. I feel as though that God's given 24 hours in a day, is insufficient. How can that be? Everyone has the same equal amount of time to work with but yet, i feel time passes too fast. I thought to myself, it must be my time management skills that are inadequately put to practise. But my skills have not change, thus i must be managing time the same way i used to, maybe just a bit better. Yet still, i hardly get any rest nowadays.

There's just a lot of things that i'm committed to and i'm not regretting it. I took on the chance to be in this position, not because i wanted to prove to people i can do it, but because i want to do it for the purpose of fulfiling God's purpose. With full semester management work, 5 semester papers, OCF duties and MUMSA duties, one must question, why am i in this position?

I believe that in times like these when all seems to move to fast and there's not enough second to catch a breath that it is for my own comfort that God will provide.

I believe that life is not all about weighing the cost and benefits that should be treated like an algebra equation.

I believe that in every distress moment i go through, there is a comfort moment parallel with it waiting for me at the end.

I believe that in sacrifing my free time to do something meaningful, someone elses lives can change even if i did not directly influenced it.

Now that's said and done, there's only one thing i'm constantly afraid of everyday i wake up from my sleep. That in my constant busy-ness of life, i'm missing the things that are right in front of me.

I'm afraid that what i have around me to work with, i lay them aside first and then later and then never.

I'm afraid that in my daily scheduled life, i let go the very opportunities that i hoped for when i commit myself to believe that being busy will change people's lives.

I'm afraid that instead of being a friend to others when they need me, i become a friend to my work daily and weekly.

Lastly, i'm afraid it will severe my relationships with people i'm closed with and with God.

Help pray for me, that in the midst of my life now, that i do not miss the point of it all.

"I can be the fastest runner in the world and still lose a race, just because i ran the wrong way"

0 comments: